Have you ever gotten the feeling that some of the people you know (online, in person or otherwise) you don't really know at all? Kind of like if you met them a year earlier or in high school they'd be different people? I don't know man...maybe it's just me and maybe it's because I've run into my fair share of nutcases but sometimes I just feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of fakers and pretenders.
I know ya'll know what I'm talking about. The snotty nosed, mute kid from high school all of a sudden transformed himself into the boss on your college campus or some random comes and tells you that your acebooncoon is a jazz afficionado and you ain't never heard the fool listen to a second of jazz.
It just really begins to bug me after awhile listening to people sit behind computers or on the celly-telly and just yip yap that ying yang when I know they don't even really feel like that. Be you! Everybody trying so hard to be something special that they end up being run of the mill. You seem cool as shit online...end up speaking to your ass in real life and conversation ends up being dead as hell. You got blogs for days but your actual people skills are worth shit. Get offline and stop trying to be cool on the net-get up and be cool in real life. I love connecting with all of my people online but the truth is that life is meant to be experienced, not just documented.
Is it so wrong to be original? So odd to have a little personality or say something real? Jesus was different. As was Newton, Einstein, Dr. King, Kennedy and Ghandi and all are equally as great in my eyes.
Or maybe I'm the one whose got it twisted. Maybe what matters is not what you are and where you're at but rather where you're going and where you want to be. We all have the potential for progression and growth. Who am I to freeze people in time and decide that who you are today is forever who you'll be. And if you do change who am I to say that what is authentic is who you were when logic would say that what you are now, most recently, is what is improved and therefore valid? What's really real? Maybe 'real' is another one of those ideas that is subjective because what is real to me may not be real to you at all. Notice that my blogspot url/twitter name is 'mytruth' and not 'thetruth.' Shit, the pure and simple truth is never pure and rarely simple.
Just something to think about.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

after reading this i really thought about what you said. People do need to stop relying on the internet to portray a personality if they're not the same in real life.
ReplyDelete