Monday, May 11, 2009

Black American Princess

Black American Princess: (n) or (adj.), often abbrev. BAP 1: an African-American female whose life experiences give her a sense of royalty and entitlement 2: an African-American female accustomed to the best and nothing less.


^ An interesting way to describe a woman who grew up in the hood and has worked her ass off for everything she has huh? I don't think so. I hope the world understands that there is a difference between poverty and poverty of SPIRIT. Money has never limited me-I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, my parents made sure of that. I went to the best schools, got my travel on...the world is bigger than dollars and cents. Personally, I believe that education and true love are true wealth. Believe it. As soon I get this first degree we're on to degree number two and then three and then bigger and better things. Stay tuned.

Anyhoo, I digress. This black american princess theme came from a quote a friend sent me yesterday ( I collect quotes) that I've been pondering. Here goes:

"History has placed us all, Northerner and Southerner, black and white, within a common border and under a common law. All of us, from the wealthiest and most powerful of men, to the weakest and hungriest of children, share one precious possession: the name American."
-John F. Kennedy

^ Isn't that absolutely precious?! And not just because I'm from Massachusetts and in love with JFK lol. Location nor race nor economic status can separate us. We are all American and all bound together by the fabric and fundamentals that make this country so grand. How awesome is that? I feel real connected at this moment. Do you feel it?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment